31 October 2014

Tidying my Work Room part 2

Well sorting out my work room has been going on at a pace.  I've even got my hubby to join in and help.
Funny how little things start an avalanche.  I happened to mention to my husband that I wanted to sort out my work room and, that I have taken out my lace making equipment and was going to sort it out and put it away.  The conversation continued until eventually it lead to us going to ikea and hubby constructing a new desk.
First of all, I showed hubby a picture of the Horn Cut Easy MK2


This is to replace my current cutting out table.  Which is an old dining table that now only has two legs and has seen too much action to survive this round of reorganising.  So we went into my work room (which is only 3m x 3m) and we set about designing the new layout. He said I should buy the cutting out table and then went and found a desk on ikea's website to replace my existing work bench.  This is going to be recycled and used as a work bench over some cupboards and shelves.  Instead of paying for expensive fitted wardrobes, we are going to move the existing cupboards, but before we do that we are (or rather I am) going to decorate.  Hubby is going to fit a new floor, put in some extra electrics and, source a new ceiling light, because he says the existing one is too dull.
So all in all I am one lucky lady, I have a work room, I have a clever and talented hubby who is going to build and construct things for me, also I will soon have a beautiful new work room freshly decorated and with a new workable layout.  
I say soon, we are putting it on the back boiler until after our ski trip.

Now where did I put that list of UFO's . . . . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment