7 April 2015

Things I have made since last writing

I know I've been quiet on here, but I have been busy elsewhere.

I have been knitting a lace shawl (now finished and will get photos to you soon), but whilst knitting it I got bored, so made a pair of socks:-

Socks I always knit two at a time and these were super quick to knit taking me only two weeks to knit.  That is two weeks when I am not working or teaching or walking the dog etc. Since then I have finished my lace shawl and all I need to do is wash and block it and I will post some pictures.

The Bloomin' Steps Scrappy quilt now has a border and the back is cut out to size, just waiting for a suitable day to pin it all together.  But whilst the sun is out I have been out in the garden.

In a couple of weeks it is my mum's birthday and she said she wanted some bunting for her summer house, so I have made her some of that and here it is:-



I have even been cheeking and put a "Made by Claire" label on it.  She is having a birthday party next week and I shall be taking it to her then, just hope she likes it.

On Saturday 16th May 2015 I will be teaching how to sew a slip dress.  The pattern I have chosen is McCalls M6102 and it is a flattering A line with or without a dart.


I made the view with the darts and the shorter length, the pattern is unlined but I have lined mine with some fine muslin.  The material is part of the Makower Lime-twist collection and even though I say so myself, it is very flattering and has a 1960's look to it. The pattern says it is a 1 hour construction, but including cutting out the pattern and lining it, I took 4 hours.  Not bad for an Easter weekend.

For details on the course go to www.ohsewsweetshop.co.uk and look up it up in the course section.





No comments:

Post a Comment