10 April 2016

This weeks makes

This week I have managed to finish four items.

From the material I bought in India I have finished one of the dresses and a scarf.  Just as the weather is turning warm and the hope of summer is in the air.

Before cutting out the pattern pieces I didn't check the width of the sleeves.  They are too narrow for me to get my arms in and the shoulders end up just above my elbows.  I haven't got fat arms, but it was a pattern I hadn't tried before.  How many times do I tell my students to measure twice?  So I will be taking the sleeves out and having a sleeveless dress.  I don't have any spare material to make anymore sleeves.  I love how the material has been printed giving a beautiful border around the bottom.



If you are wondering what Neve is up to at the moment and how big she is, you can just see one of her paws in the above picture.  But here she is in full.  



The window behind her is my sewing room, and on sunny days she loves to lie on the table and watch me through the window.  I have even had the window open a couple of times and she puts her head through and falls asleep.  

I hemmed the scarf material, not much of a boast, but here it is.




This week some material I ordered came.  From The Little Button Co, it is upholstery weight cotton covered in Yorkshire sayings.  Check them out, they have some lovely gifts and fabric for sale.  This photograph was taken after I had washed it at 60 degs and it had no colour runs and was easy to iron.



So far I have made two aprons, but I only managed to take a photograph of one because my mum took hers before I could photograph it.


From the left over material I hope to make a couple of flat caps, one for me and hubby and a cushion cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment