18 June 2016

Emerald Green Dress

The Emerald Green "Silk" I bought in India has been made up into a beautiful dress.

The pattern I used was New Look K6723, the material I bought in India and from Minerva Crafts I bought the lining, zip, buckle and thread making a total cost of about £45.00.




The fabric proved tricky to work with and it was fraying as I breathed.  So I actually made it up in 5 days, not giving it time to fray.  Sewing was mainly done on working days and sitting down for a couple of hours a day. Not easy when you work 12 hour shifts.  In total (including making a toile) it took me 8 hours to make.  so how they do it on Great British Sewing Bee in 6 hours I don't know!

My one regret with it, is that I bought some black interlining, but didn't use it.  The skirt is too light and I need to look at the waist again.  I am thinking of taking it in at the waist and putting some petersham in there to give the waist some substance.

I wore it last Wednesday at one of my sewing classes and it was very comfy and I shall definitely be wearing it again.

Now to make my 50's petticoat.




No comments:

Post a Comment