1 December 2016

Teaching Teenagers

Today I have taken the plunge and advertised this on Facebook . . . .

Starting Tuesday 10th January 2017, I'm going to start a new sewing class. This is because of the kind generosity of Penistone Round Table who have provided funding for 3 Sewing Machines.
The classes will be from 4pm to 6pm at St John's Community Centre in the IT Room. The cost will be £6 per evening. This will be every Tuesday during term time. Free tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits will be available as well as the use of the 3 sewing machines and an overlocker.
This is ideal for beginners, improvers or anyone interested in sewing. Maybe you are doing textiles at school and are wanting to finish it at home? If you have your own machine, you are welcome to bring it along. It is recommended you bring a project along with you as I do not stock any material. I have patterns for free loan and I also have a small stock of haberdashery to buy.
As for me, I have been sewing for over 40 years, and been teaching for four. My main passion is clothing, historical costume, corsetry, lingerie, but I also do patchwork and quilting, up-cycling, free machine embroidery, toys and soft furnishings.
If you need to speak to me, either message me on here, or come and see me at the Crafty Business Makers Market on Sunday 11th December 2016 between 10pm and 4pm.
Please share this with anyone in the Pensitone area you think would be interested.
Thank you for reading and sharing.

Let's hope I get plenty of interest!


No comments:

Post a Comment