31 August 2014

Knickers

This week I got an exciting delivery and impatiently had to wait until today to use it.  
170m of picot elastic
In October I will be teaching a class I have called "Knickertastic" and I have been making knickers now for the last couple of months, but I only had a small amount of picot elastic, so I ordered this lot from ebay.  
I drafted a pattern and did make a pair of knickers a couple of months ago (sorry no photo), but they came out too large.  This was because, at the time, I hadn't got a clue how to adjust the pattern for the stretch in the cotton jersey.


So using Kwik Sew Pattern 2908, and bits and pieces in my stash I made a pair of knickers. Here they are:


From the measurements I have redrafted my draft and and made a pair of hipster knickers, these are now the same size as the Kwik Sew ones, so I now know I have the right calculations.


All I now need to do is: draft all three sizes; write up the instructions; make a lesson plan; and put together some kits for the lesson in October. . . . . . 

(The bright pink elastic is for me though, I have some beautiful bright pink stretch lace elastic that will become knickers and bras for me).

Time to reward myself with an evening of knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment