25 September 2014

One Week On

It has now been over a week since my first session of teaching  "Beginners Dressmaking" and I think it went well.  
There were nine students in total, three more than I would have liked and also my timings for the lesson plan were for six. Despite this we got most of it completed as I had planned, they didn't seem to notice they hadn't done them all and really the things they didn't do, were on the more advanced side and can be done later in the course.
All of them are a great bunch of ladies and they have mixed skills.  One of them was a complete beginner and hadn't even got her own machine; three of them did mainly patchwork and quilting and were now ready to "cross over" to dressmaking; a young girl is doing her Duke of Edinburgh's Bronze Award and had chosen to do dressmaking as her skill; the others, were what I would call dabblers, had come to expand their knowledge.
I was listening to some of the remarks that they were making, (when they thought I wasn't listening) and they were all encouraging.  But, they are so loud, they also said how difficult it was, but surely if it was so difficult, why were they talking so much? 
I was so happy to see, that, when they arrived, they all had fear in their eyes, but on leaving, they looked tired, but happy and many left talking happily about their experience and their joy in coming.

Here are pictures of some of the class,  

Hard at work, but smiling

Some are laughing

Can't wait to see them all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment