9 March 2015

I've been quiet

Sorry I have been quiet on here, but I have been sort of busy.  I will explain:


In January I didn't feel like doing much sewing, so didn't. Quite simple really.  In my day job I work twelve hour shifts and because of this I get to see very little sun, which makes me very tired and sad and lacking energy.  This usually continues until the end of February when we go skiing.  But this year, due to our days off, we went skiing at the end of January.
On returning from skiing my batteries were full and I couldn't wait to get back to sewing.
I have therefore spent the last couple of weeks finishing my invisible machine appliqué double wedding ring quilt and here is a picture.



For the backing I didn't have enough material, so blizzard pieced it and added some left over pieces from the front.


Out of all my quilts so far I have not added a label to the back.  But a piece of the selvedge shouted at me and using the embroidery feature on my machine I have created a perfect label.



To learn this really simple, but effective technique, I went to a class by Dawn Cameron-Dick.  She is truly inspirational and a great teacher.  Check out her website to see where she might be teaching near you - http://www.dawncamerondick.com

Now to get my scrappy king size quilt finished, now where did I put those 2.5" squares . . . . . . . . . 



No comments:

Post a Comment