30 November 2014

Busy Week

Time to reflect on how busy I have been this week and all in all I think it has been a very successful week.
Again I have been struggling to sleep, so have found myself in my work room at 6am in the morning (it is 6:30am as I am writing this blog).  I have found this a great time to finish off things.

The first thing to be finished was my Seamstar Lucky Elephant Hanging.  It now takes pride of place above my sewing machine.




This table runner was the next thing to be finished and is now posted to Germany.  It was a piece of material that came with the December 2014 issue of Love Sewing Magazine.





Thursday afternoon saw me glueing and sewing the rings onto my IMA Double Wedding Ring Quilt.  I have omitted the small segments, as I am fed up of making the applique pieces.  As I have already said it is something that I have enjoyed learning, but don't wish to do again.  Obviously, I may need to use the technique for other items, but the rings were not my favourite.  I now can't wait to quilt it, but first I need to buy a small amount of material for the sashing on the border.  I am thinking of trying to get a yellow close to the centre ring colour.  It's sort of mustard/greenish/yellow.  The border and back will be made in the dark grey, which has lovely butterflies on it.

When I finished the top of the quilt (that has now been put away), I cut out the lining for my grey and purple tartan pinafore.  This has now been sewn together waiting for a zip, which has been ordered.  Hopefully I will have it finished for the 10th of December.  This date is very significant.

Last Wednesday the 26th of November, was the last lesson in my Beginner's Dressmaking Course and the ladies were so sad to see it finish that they have asked for a further lesson.  This will be on the 10th December.  I was so chuffed, that I couldn't say no.  They want to come every Wednesday, but alas, we are waiting for Lorrayne to confirm the dates of next year.

So to say thank you for my ladies who have stuck by me I have made them Christmas presents and here they are:




They are 5 needle cases and each one is slightly different.  The patchwork cotton was from Seamstar and part of one of their craft kits; the linen on the outside is also left over linen from one of their craft kits, as is the wool felt on the inside and the grosgrain ribbon; the lining is from an old pair of linen trousers.  I hope they like them and think of me when they are sewing in the future.  I know one of the girls will keep coming on the odd Wednesday, as she will want to make a dress for a wedding she is going to.  
I just hope next year will be more successful.

As for today, will I be sewing?  NO.  Not until the zip comes for my pinafore, I won't be sewing . . . . . . but I have fabric and buttons for a blouse . . .








No comments:

Post a Comment