14 November 2014

I can knit too

I mentioned in my last blog about me knitting as well.  I don't do this on a small scale either.  I can definitely call myself industrial when it comes to knitting.  
Most times I actually buy the buttons, then find a knitting project.  But my hubby has other ideas.
We are both avid skiers, and Tony has always fancied a woollen ski jumper.  

Here he is proudly wearing it.












This jumper pattern is the Le Massif 2004 and was knitted in a beautiful wool from Texere Yarns.  The main body is knitted in the round and on very small needles, so had over 300 stitches on it!  One of the tricky bits is the armholes.  You complete the jumper all the way up to the neck, then cut a hole for the sleeve and sew them in!  I was horrified.  I started the jumper in September 2012 and true to my word I got it knitted in time for him to go skiing as it took less than 4 months.

But, unknown to him, at work I made him a hat:- 


He loves the hat more (he has no hair), and the jumper is too warm for a normal english winter.  
One day I will knit myself a jacket from the collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment