22 November 2014

New Table

Well what a busy week I have had.  So sorry for not writing in my blog, but I have plenty of things to tell you about.
It started on Saturday with a change in my shifts.  I had to work four day shifts, that's four 5am starts and four lots of 12 hour shifts.  Mum went into hospital, so was visiting her after work, then to bed and back to work.  No time for sewing at all.  Mum is better now and at home, so will be spending time going to see her, she had the plate from her leg removed, she is on her feet, with a walking stick, but can't drive.
But despite all of Saturday to Tuesday taken up with work, I have been very busy with my sewing and now on reflection am very pleased with what I have achieved, even though they weren't in my to do book.
Wednesday started with me sewing the top for my Indigo quilt.  Two packs of Moda 5" squares in Indigo a fat quarter from my stash and some calico and by Friday morning the top was finished.  Made in the super simple disappearing nine patch, and I can't wait to quilt it.  As dragonflies appear on the red section, it would be great to include these in the quilting as well.  In the evening, I made some baby clothes for "Oh Sew Sweet Shop".  These are samples of the material they are stocking and are a pair of trousers and a a Kimono one piece.  



My Horn Table has arrived, this can Wednesday morning when I was out and in the afternoon, hubby and I put it together.  Although a bit big for the space at the moment, it will be great when my room is organised.  I have a plan to get more room, but that will mean me sewing and selling lots of things, therefore reducing my stash.



Having finished the top to my Indigo Dragonfly Quilt, I was in a mood then for more patchwork.  So Friday morning I got out my Bloomin' Steps Scrappy Blue Quilt and did about an hours worth of piecing.  I am having mixed feelings about the scrappy quilt.  You spend hours cutting up small squares, then spend hours putting them together.  The size of the squares are 2" and I am making a king size quilt, a momentous task if I say so myself.  But to truly call myself a patchwork and quilter I suppose this is a right of passage.  To make it harder, I am making the back in "a mile a minute", I just hope I can find a machine needle that will be strong enough.
Getting the patchwork out of my system I was able to do an item on my "to do" list.  this was to cut out my Grey Tartan Pinafore Dress.  Putting my new table to use I was able to cut out the pattern with complete ease.
You are probably reading this and thinking I have been very busy with very little time for other things, but I have done my housework, went skiing on Thursday and on Friday went for a three hour walk with hubby and dog.
Now what to do today? 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment