24 November 2014

IMA

Or Invisible Machine Appliqué.
Yesterday (instead of going to work) I went on a one day course to study this technique with Dawn Cameron-Dick.  Dawn travels the country (and further afield) giving lessons, talks and demonstrations and if she is near you in the new year, go to one of her classes.  They were chilled and relaxed and Dawn has a depth of knowledge to draw on, I certainly picked her brains and taken away things to add to my classes.
I have always loved the look of the wedding ring quilts, but didn't fancy all the piecing of those fiddly little bits, but Dawn has a great way of making them.  I have to admit, that, once this quilt is done, I won't be making another.  But, never say never, as I will be using the technique for other applications.  The day was great, and I for one, learned loads and took away ideas for my dressmaking classes.
Here is my quilt so far, all the rings are pinned for transport and ignore the freezer paper ring.

The fabric was from Seamstar and is a collection called September Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment