10 November 2014

Up-cycled Skirt

In my last post about my Uncle's Army Buttons, you saw a rare photo of me.  In this photo I am wearing a linen suit and a silk top.  Would you believe the top used to be a skirt?


A beautiful silk skirt
The skirt was a great find at my local market.  On the market is a woman who sells second hand clothes, but always great things.  I believe I bought the skirt for £4.50 and it is 100% silk, with pin tuck and insert detail.  The colour is unusual, a dusky pink, dusky burgundy mix.  Over the years I have tried to wear it, with cream, taupe and dusky pink tops, but the colour match and tone were never right.  
Then on Facebook this summer there was a lot of chatter about the Collette Blouse pattern and that it was free.  Duly downloaded and adjusted I realised that the skirt was big enough to use as the material.  All the detail on the skirt would be incorporated and give a great accent.
When I wore the skirt no one ever commented, but people love the top.  Also I find it goes better with  linen as a blouse than as a skirt with a linen coloured top.

An even better blouse

No comments:

Post a Comment